Thank you for attending a You Be The Chemist (YBTC) Essential ElementsSM workshop! Below are some resources that will help you to implement hands-on chemistry activities with your students.
Essential Elements workshop materials
- Workshop Handout – Separating Salt & Pepper, 5E Lesson Plan Outline
- 2016 National You Be The Chemist Challenge video
- PhET – website with interactive science and math simulations
Other useful resources*
- Check out some videos we made of our YBTC Activity Guides
- Science Buddies’ manual for Teacher’s Guide to Science Projects
- Educational Innovations is a website that sells science supplies that might not be available locally.
- The American Chemical Society publishes educational resources for every level, including elementary and middle school activity sheets, inquiry-based experiments, demo videos, lesson plans, and more!
- STEM Ecosystems is a resource for STEM communities and collaborations nationwide.
- TED-Ed has hundreds of educational videos on all subjects (including a series just for the Periodic Table of Elements!), ways to integrate videos into lessons, and interactive clubs for students.
- The Steve Spangler Science website includes videos of hundreds of science activities you can do at home.
- BioEd Online has lots of resources for science teachers, including lesson plans, activities, teacher guides, presentations, and texts.
- Teachers of Tomorrow published an interesting blog post about how to combat teacher shortages
Do you have resources to share? Let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add them to this page.
*CEF does not endorse any specific product or company. This page is a compilation of suggested resources from educators who use YBTC programs.