Social Media Guidelines
Thank you for following the Chemical Educational Foundation (“CEF”) through our social media platforms. While visiting our Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram, or other social media platform sites, please keep the following guidelines in mind.
By participating in CEF’s social media platforms, you agree that you have read and will follow these guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, CEF reserves the right to delete posts from participants who violate these guidelines and to suspend or terminate the right of any participation for any reason. If you have questions about these guidelines, please contact CEF at firstname.lastname@example.org
CEF SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES:
The creation of CEF-labeled social media channels on third party social media websites, and any postings and comments therein, shall not contain or link to language or illustrations that:
- Are libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, demeaning, derogatory, abusive, ad hominem, or off-topic
- Contain content that is confidential or proprietary to CEF
- Are solely for commercial purposes
- Endorse any candidate or office holder or partisan political position
- Include spam or chain letters
- Violate third party’s right to privacy or any other applicable local, state, national, or international law
- Degrade others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification
In addition, participants should keep the following in mind:
- Don’t attack others. The discussions on the CEF social media platforms are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the CEF community.
- Remember that CEF and other participants have the right to reproduce postings.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate platforms. Do not spam several tools with the same message.
Keep in mind that information posted on these social media channels is available for all to see, and comments are subject to defamation, antitrust, and other laws. In addition, you agree that CEF and other participants may reproduce your postings
Authors who create, post, and/or comment on CEF-labeled social media channels agree that they shall:
- Represent that they have the legal right to reproduce, adapt, display, and distribute the material and that it does not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any other person or entity.
- Include their name in the creation of social media channels and with each post or comment; anonymous activity is not permitted
- Certify that they are of legal age (18 or older).
THE LEGAL STUFF
The opinions of CEF social media channel creators, moderators, posters, and commentators, are their own, and not necessarily that of CEF.
By posting material to CEF-labeled social media, you grant to CEF and the members of this community the nonexclusive, world-wide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
CEF will not be held liable for any injury resulting from such statements.
Violators of these guidelines will be removed as followers without notification. In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to CEF’s attention, CEF will take all appropriate action. In addition, CEF reserves the right to block any users who do not abide by these guidelines.
With these rules and guidelines in mind, happy posting!
Updated: September 2016