A longtime educator favorite, the You Be The Chemist® Activity Guides are a must-have for those looking for fun, inexpensive ways to bring hands-on science to grade K-8 students. These award-winning teachers’ aids are the perfect way to introduce important chemistry concepts through hands-on activities and real-world connections!
Access the Activity Guide lesson plans and educator resources:
The Fourth Edition Activity Guides feature:
- Over 50 lesson plans featuring activities that use common household materials
- Separate lesson sets geared towards grades K-4 and 5-8
- Background information and explanations of lesson plans to help educators bring science to life in the classroom
- Connections to the science education framework of the Next Generation Science Standards
- Corresponding activity sheets, answer keys, vocabulary, and lesson extensions and modifications
- Examples of how science and chemistry concepts connect to the real world
- Connections to the You Be The Chemist Challenge®!
Complete our Survey for a Chance to Win $150!
If you have used lessons from the Activity Guides, fill out our Online Survey to be entered into a $150 cash drawing! Complete this survey by April 20, 2015 for a chance to win!
2014 Teachers’ Choice Award Winner!
Learning Magazine® has selected the Fourth Edition Activity Guides to receive a 2014 Teachers’ Choice Award for the Classroom category! In its twentieth year, the Teachers’ Choice Awards program is one of the most recognized and prestigious awards in the educational market. It is the only awards program that is exclusively judged by teachers in the classroom. We’re honored to know that teachers enjoy using our materials to make science fun and engaging for their students.
Interested in sharing the Activity Guides with your friends and colleagues? Download our Activity Guide Postcard! If you’re an educator, you can also learn more about bringing hands-on science into your classroom through CEF’s professional development program – Essential Elements.
Thanks to the many people who have played a role in the development of the Activity Guides! We would like especially like to recognize our valued contributors and program volunteers. The development and production of these guides are only possible through your generous support.