2023 National You Be The Chemist Challenge
The top five teams from the 2022-2023 You Be The Chemist Challenge will advance to the National Challenge where they will have the opportunity to present their research from the video component of the Challenge to a panel of judges. Teams will act as though their start-up company is presenting their innovative solution to the judges for funding. The 2023 National Challenge will take placeon June 13 at the Westin Houston Memorial City in Houston, TX.
What is the Challenge?
- Team-based (3-4 students), free, STEM competition for students in grades 5-8
- Teams compete in the in-person or virtual Regional Challenge answering timed multiple-choice and short-answer questions. Teams will also create a video exploring chemistry concepts in this year’s theme.
- Regional Challenge and video scores are weighted to determine state winners and national finalists. National finalist teams will advance to the National Challenge in Houston, where they will build their passion for chemistry, interact with leaders in the industry, and compete for scholarships!
Why should you register for the Challenge?
- Participation can be used as an asynchronous education tool for your classroom
- Interactive study materials are available for your students once you register
- Students can develop their interest in chemistry and compete for scholarships!
You can view more information about the Challenge structure on our FAQ page.