Ownership of Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Intellectual Property
Permitted Uses of Materials
Below are selected permitted and prohibited uses of CEF materials that are posted at the Website.
- CEF volunteers, event organizers, and event participants may use and utilize event resources posted on the Website for the intended purposes of said resources, provided that CEF’s copyright notices are not removed, and that use of said resources do not conflict with any of the prohibited uses below.
- Anyone who is doing personal, noncommercial research may view, print material, and temporarily store materials from the Website, provided that CEF’s copyright notices are not removed and that the reuse of material does not conflict with any of the prohibited uses below.
- Any use other than as described in paragraph 1 and 2 above require prior written permission from CEF. Please direct any request by emailing email@example.com
- User’s Link: you may link or post the link of this Website to any document or location. CEF does not have any control over link(s) made to any document or location at the Website, and is not responsible for any of the content therein.
Prohibited Uses of Materials
- Except for the permitted uses above, User agrees not to reproduce, distribute, transmit (via print, fax, electronic, or other means), modify, alter, or create derivative works of the materials contained in the Website without prior written permission from CEF.
- User agrees that materials may not be commercially exploited or sold to third parties without prior written authorization from CEF.
- User agrees that materials may not be systematically stored on a server so as to substitute for the purchase of a subscription and/or license agreement to/for the materials.
Name and Logo
Except for CEF volunteers, event organizers, and event participants using the event resources consistent with the intended purposes, User agrees not to use the name of Chemical Educational Foundation, CEF, or its logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of CEF.
Prohibited Uses of Website
User agrees not to post any false or inaccurate biographical information, delete or change any information posted by another person, and share User’s password with any third-party.
User agrees not to post material that is copyrighted without first obtaining proper written consent from the copyright owner.
Interference with Website operation: User agrees to not access or use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, impair or cause undue burden on the Website and/or its host, servers, network, systems or other users. User agrees to not attempt to interfere in any way with the operation of the Website, that User will not transmit any virus or worm to the Website, that User will not use any spider, robot or any other automated mechanism to access the Website and/or its servers or systems, and that you will not engage in flooding, spamming, mail-bombing, crashing or otherwise sending unsolicited e-mail to other users of the Website. User further agrees that User will not attempt to access data that is not intended for your use, that User will not attempt to log on to a server or account that User is not authorized to access, and that User will not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network related in any way to the Website without authorization.
Alteration of Website content: None of the material contained on the Website (including all software, HTML code, and other code) may be reverse-engineered, disassembled, decompiled, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, translated into any language or computer language, retransmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photo-reproduction, recordation, or otherwise), resold or redistributed without the prior written permission of CEF.
By submitting any information to CEF, you represent and warrant that the submission is accurate to your best knowledge, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. CEF does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorses any opinions expressed by users. User acknowledges that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk. CEF is under no obligation to exercise control over any content you or others submit when using the website.
Registration and Password
Termination of Account
Waiver of Liability
CEF does not screen or censor User-generated content made available on the Website. CEF is NOT LIABLE for any content posted on the website. User assumes all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom User comes in contact through the Website. Should a dispute arise between User and another user, User hereby agrees to release CEF from all claims, demand, and damages associated with such a dispute.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CEF OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE AND THE MATERIAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CEF IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE CONTENT THAT IS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CEF MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE WEBSITE, THE MATERIAL OR OTHER POSTED CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
THE WEBSITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. CEF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
CEF DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, CEF IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
Links to Other Sites
The Website may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to User and not as an endorsement by CEF of the third-party or the contents of such third-party websites. Because we do not have any control over such third-party websites, CEF is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. Linking to third-party websites is performed at User’s own risk.
If User accesses this Website from outside the United States, User does so at User’s own risk. User agrees to comply with all applicable local rules and laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Effective Date: September 2016