This event has been canceled. Please click here for a message from our Executive Director about the event cancellation.
The 2020 National CEF STEM Summit will be held June 15-17, 2020 in Houston TX. Students, teachers, volunteers, and industry partner representatives will come together to celebrate science and its role in education and communities around the globe.
STEM Summit Highlights
- The 2020 National You Be The Chemist Challenge® will be held June 16. The top 10 teams from North America, selected from those recognized in each state at the regional level, participate in an on-site competition where videos submitted by each team (produced in spring 2020) are evaluated by a panel of judges on their video creation process, explored topics, and overall knowledge of scientific concepts addressed in the video. Teams will answer questions about their work onstage in front of event attendees and will have the opportunity to talk with attendees during a poster session on June 16. The top teams receive prizes and recognition.
- Ryan Prouty, NASA’s Manager of Mission Integration and Operations, will provide opening remarks at the National Challenge.
- The top 10 teams will visit a formulation lab and discuss STEM-related careers with scientists and industry partner representatives.
- Veteran educators from across the country will attend training to become CEF Certified Instructors for the 2020-2021 school year. The training will empower them to return to their communities and offer professional development workshops to teachers in local schools.
- All attendees are invited to attend a reception on June 16 where the National Challenge winners will be announced and industry partners and supporters will be recognized.
Interested in sponsoring the CEF STEM Summit and National You Be The Chemist Challenge? Please contact CEF Philanthropy Director Shawn Berriman at email@example.com.
Stay tuned for more details in spring 2020!